Monday, 21 July 2014

Attack of the Sequels! Blogathon



Sequels - love them or hate them, they bombard our screens every month of every year. And boy, do we suffer through some bad sequels - Grown Ups 2, The Smurfs 2, Red 2, Taken 2, A Haunted House 2, Skyline 2 - I mean, who signs off on this stuff?

Of course, the flipside of this is the unrequited sequel, sequels that should, or need, to happen and for some reason or another, have yet to come to fruition.

This blogathon (my first, eeep!) is all about sequels you want to see. Here's how it works:

  1. Pick up to 5 films that you enjoyed, but never got a follow-up film. You can include films that are already sequels (e.g. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army). Doesn't matter how ridiculous it may sound.
  2. Talk about why you'd like to see a sequel to those movies, and where said sequels would take the story.
  3. Please include the blogathon banner (above) somewhere in your post. 
  4. The deadline is August 7th - but I'm sure I'll go easy on any late submissions ;)

And that's that! Just post your entry in the comments section of this post (or tweet me a link over on Twitter) and I'll compile a list of everyone's stuff after August 7th. Be sure to pass it along and get as many fellow bloggers involved as you like, the more the merrier. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Good luck, and happy blogging!


21 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds like a fun one, but I'm going to have one heck of a time putting together a list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty broad eh? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with mate :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in! I'll get to work in it ASAP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! Looking forward to your entry :)

      Delete
  3. My fiancée and I were just talking about this very thing the other day... Should be fresh on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm looking forward to it :)

      Delete
    2. This is a great idea!!! I'll definitely be joining in.

      Delete
    3. I have no idea why this ended up as a reply, sorry.

      Delete
    4. Not a problem! Glad to have you onboard also :)

      Delete
  4. Brilliant idea! Love it - count me in :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! Looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  5. Count me in. It's going to be interesting coming up with a post for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! Look forward to it :)

      Delete
    2. Just posted mine...

      http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2014/08/attack-of-sequels-blogathon.html

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Thanks mate, I'll head on over and have a look now :)

      Delete
  6. I've joined as well. Here's my post:

    http://wanderingthroughtheshelves.blogspot.sg/2014/08/blogathon-attack-of-sequels.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll head on over and have a read right away :) Thanks for taking part!

      Delete
  7. This sounds intriguing, I've made comments on other blogs and forums regarding a particular movie having a follow up but picking 5 will be tough. I'll have something up before the 7th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing mate, sounds great :) Thanks for getting onboard!

      Delete
  8. Thanks, Rhys! This was a really great blogathon!!!
    http://poisonoustongue.blogspot.com/2014/08/attack-of-sequels-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Modesto - thanks for taking part! :) I look forward to reading your piece.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...